What do we offer?

Art Education -
B.S.Ed., M.A.Ed., M.A.T. 

English Education -
B.S.Ed., M.A.Ed., M.A.T. 

Mathematics Education -

Music Education -

Science Education -

Biology Education -
M.A.Ed., M.A.T. 

Social Sciences Education -
B.S.Ed.M.A.Ed., M.A.T. 

Spanish Education -



Contact the School of Teaching and Learning

School of Teaching and Learning

College of Education and Allied Professions

Secondary (9-12) and Special Subject (K-12) Education Programs

The Bachelor of Science in Education (B.S.Ed.) degree leads to the NC teaching license. You can select from concentrations in comprehensive science, English, mathematics, and social sciences and specialization areas in art, Spanish, German, or music.
If you already have a bachelor’s (four-year) degree and would like to teach the subject you majored in, the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) allows you to get an advanced degree and teaching licensure at the same time.

If you already have a teaching license but would like an advanced degree, the Master of Arts in Education (M.A.Ed.) was designed for you.

To Learn More
For additional information on our degree programs or for specific questions, please contact us.


Copyright by Western Carolina University      •      Cullowhee, NC 28723      •      828.227.7211      •      Contact WCU
Maintained by the Office of Web Services      •      Directions      •      Campus Map      •      Emergency Information      •      Text-Only

Office of Web Services