This year's recipients:
Cecil Mann Award:
Milner Psi Chi Research Award:
Taylor Huskins Award:
Hedy and Vanessa White Scholarship:
Cecil Mann Award: presented annually to the outstanding senior psychology major. Recipients of this award have demonstrated:
- Excellence in classroom scholarship
- Scholarly activities, activities outside the classroom such as involvement in research, conference participation, or other creative endeavors,
- Other psychology-related activities: internship or volunteer work, participation in the psychology Club and/or Psi Chi, committee service, or other contributions to the department and university.
Miler Psi Chi Research Award: presented to the psychology major that has shown excellence in the area of research. This student also receives a monetary award and his or her name on a plaque. Recipients are selected using the following criteria:
- Involvement in research; active involvement in research projects with one or more faculty members over at least a year’s period
- Recognition: recognition of the students’ research activities through publication or presentation of research findings at professional meetings.
T.L. Huskins Service Award: awarded for unusual service to the Department of Psychology by a student who has a major, minor, concentration, or disciplinary focus area in psychology. The criteria for the award include:
- Involvement: active service in professional affairs such as the Psychology Club, Psi Chi, other honor societies at the university, tutoring, community work, advisement, etc.
- Volunteerism: volunteer work in the organization of the department, including maintenance of labs, classrooms, bulletin boards, the Cecil Mann Library, care of plants, production of newsletters, and contact with prospective students at the department, school or university levels.
The Linda Elaine Glenn Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship award was established to honor the memory of Linda Elaine Glenn, who was a student at WCU majoring in Psychology in the College of Education and Allied Professions. Entering and continuing junior and senior female students majoring in psychology or education are eligible for the scholarship. Preference will be given to students majoring in psychology. Candidates must meet all general university admission requirements or be current student in good standing. The amount of the award varies. Recipients are selected on the basis of: overall ability, past achievement, potential for development in the field of psychology, and other criteria that ensure selection of recipients who possess trait of character like those of Ms. Glenn.
The Hedy and Vanessa White Scholarship Fund
This scholarship award was established to honor the memory of Hedy White, a Psychology Professor at WCU, and Her daughter Vanessa. Preference given to undergraduate or graduate students in Psychology, with financial need, in good standing with WCU and having no sanctions at the time of award.