- WCU's 6th Annual Student Employment Fair - August 20th from 3:30-5:30 in the UC Grand Room. This is a great place to find a job on campus!
- Eight-Semester Plan for B.S. in Psychology
- Psychology Major Checklist (Before Fall 2011) ~ All students who had declared psychology as their major, before Fall 2011, will be under the old curriculum.
- Psychology Major Checklist (Fall 2011 and subsequent semesters) ~ All students who declare psychology as their major, current students, new freshmen,
and transfers, with Fall 2011 being their first term in the major, will be under the
- NOTE: Students who want a course in the Biological Basis of Behavior Spring 2015 may take PSY 393: Psychopharmacology. This course can be substituted for the Bio Psy requirement. If a student registers
for Psychopharmacology and wants that course to meet the Bio Psy category Dr. W Gordon can
process a substitution request for students in the class.
- "Psychopharmacology" is the study of those drugs that affect cognition and behavior through changing the nervous system. This course will only consider psychoactive drugs that change psychological function. Our study of these drugs will be grounded in empirical behavioral and neurological assessments of the drug effects. This is not a course about drug abuse or drug abuse counseling.
- NOTE: Students who want a course in the Biological Basis of Behavior Spring 2015 may take PSY 393: Psychopharmacology. This course can be substituted for the Bio Psy requirement. If a student registers for Psychopharmacology and wants that course to meet the Bio Psy category Dr. W Gordon can process a substitution request for students in the class.
Internship & Research
- Psychology Internship Manual
- Cutting-edge Research
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Summer Internship with Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation
- Summer Internship with FIU Center for Children and Families
Graduate School Information
- Clinical Psychology PsyD at LIU
- December 1 deadline for Spring 2015
- The Psychology Graduate Applicant's Portal
- valuable information on applying and getting into graduate school
- Radford University
- For students interested in Clinical-Counseling, Industrial/Organizational, and Experimental Psychology.
The following sites provide links to many other organizations and sources of information:
- Hanover College Web Resources
- maintained by John H. Krantz, Ph.D. - great source of information
- Psychology Online Resource Central
- large selection of links for psychology students and their professors
- Social Psychology Network
- 1000s of useful links on all aspects of psychology
Online Texts, Tutorials and Full-text Journals
- APA Monitor (APA's monthly newspaper)
- Dr. Krantz's Psych Tutorials (more from Hanover College)
- Methods in Behavioral Research (by Paul C. Cozby)
Associations and Organizations