To be eligible (For all Candidates - undergraduate, graduate, certification) for Internship/Student Teaching/SPED Practicum you must:
- Be fully admitted into the Teacher Education Program prior to application.
- UNDERGRADUATES ONLY must also complete the Praxis I requirement and have completed ENGL 202 (Composition 2) with a grade of C or better (C- does not count) prior to application. If currently in ENGL 202 with a reasonable explanation of the delay in taking the class, see the Director of Field Experiences prior to the deadline.
- Complete any Specific Program Requirements.
- Complete all parts of the application process by the deadline.
ALL students should review our liability insurance policy.
Application Requirements - for all Candidates
Do NOT contact school/teacher prior to receiving placement confirmation
IF YOU ARE NOT EMPLOYED in the classroom where you will be assigned, please complete the following:
Submitted via TaskStream:
- Log in.
- Go to (your program) initial licensure portfolio folder and select the internship application. If this is not visible, contact Dr. Lee Nickles at 828-227-3299 or email@example.com to have it added to your account. If emailing - include "TaskStream" in subject line as he answers these first.
- Attach Background Check dated during current semester using Certiphi Screening. Review Background Check Policy for instructions and package codes. This takes 3-5 business days or longer.
- If there is ANYTHING in your past background check you will need to electronically attach a Microsoft Word document explanation. Check with the Director of Field Experiences ahead of time to see if you will need to submit additional court documentation. Waiting can slow down your placement.
- Attach a Microsoft Word or PDF résumé that includes contact information for three professional references and has been checked by Career Services. Recommended template here. Do remember to add position and full contact information for three professional references. Do NOT mention a specific school, school system or region in your objective statement.
- Complete a physical and TB test using the form below the directions and attach the copy to your application. Student Health Services can provide these services. (Keep a copy to turn into your principal on the first day of internship/student teaching)
- Fill out the online TaskStream Electronic Information Form with your school preference information and verifications. Attach required electronic documents to this TaskStream form.
- Once everything is complete hit the "Submit" button in the upper right hand corner and submit to "CEAP Master".
Once your placement is made complete the following:
IF YOU ARE EMPLOYED in the classroom where you will be assigned, please complete the additional Site Supervisor Form reflecting position you will hold during your internship/student teaching/practicum experience. Please also attach a copy of your Mentor Teacher's License. Both of these should be attached to your TaskStream application. BK Students DO NOT need the Site Supervisor Form.
Other school systems may have additional requirements. Candidates are responsible for meeting these requirements and for any additional costs involved.