Resources for cooperating teachers can be accessed below:
Early Field Experiences
For Elementary, Middle Grades, & Inclusive Education students.
For our “Block” placement, students are required to be with their host teacher one day per week (or 8 hours if their class schedule requires that they split between 2 days) over 10 weeks for observation. During their time with the host teacher they will be conducting observations, assisting the teacher, and teaching several mini-lessons.
More detailed explanation of requirements and expectations are provided by the course instructor(s).
Cooperating Teachers for Internship and Student Teaching
Internship & Student Teaching Requirements by program:
- Elementary Education Intern I and Intern II
- Middle Grades Intern I and Intern II
- HPE Intern I and Intern II
- Secondary & Specialty Education - Intern I
- Secondary & Specialty Education - Intern II/ST
Forms & Information:
Intern II/Student Teaching
Certification of Teaching Capacity (doc - form fillable and can be saved. Must be typed)
- Certification of Teaching Capacity (PDF - cannot be saved. But does not require typing)
- Teaching Observation Form (PDF)
- Teaching Observation Form (Form-fillable Word document)
- Reflective Journal Template (PDF)
- Action Plan Template (Form-fillable Word document)
Specific Licensure Program Information - Contact programs directly for more information