1. Complete applications should be at the Graduate School by April 1/November 1.
2. Students with a 3.25/4.0 gpa and good references will be considered for conditional admission into the program without GRE scores yet in. Students admitted under this status may take up to six credit hours during one semester before GRE scores must be submitted. Such students have conditional program status.
3. Students with good grades who do not test well on the GRE may be admitted to the HR Program on a provisional basis.
4. In some cases GMAT test scores may be substituted for GRE scores.
5. Should an applicant already have an earned graduate degree from an accredited university, they do not have to take the GRE when applying to our program (since they've already demonstrated their ability to perform at the graduate level).
If you have the desire and the ability to do graduate-level work, we are committed to helping you earn your master's degree in human resources at Western Carolina University. There's no time like the present to get the ball rolling! By following a few simple steps you will soon be on your way to earning the degree of your dreams.
The MSHR program is a distance program. Tuition information may be found at http://tuition.wcu.edu.
|Dr. Kirk Smith, Assistant Professor, speaks on his teaching philosophy|
To be admitted to WCU’s online master’s degree program in human resources (HR), you must have:
- earned an undergraduate degree from a fully accredited university,
- maintained a 3.0 (B) GPA on your last 60 semester hours.
You must also submit three letters of recommendation from individuals who can vouch for your scholarly abilities and good work habits. Current or former job supervisors and former professors are ideal references (recommendations from friends, colleagues or former staff members are not sufficient).
Prospective students with strong grade point averages and references may be allowed to enter the program with "conditional status" and take up to two courses before GRE scores are submitted.
Only applicants who have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher will be considered for conditional admission, which allows them to take classes for one semester while preparing for and taking the GRE. ALL others need to submit GRE scores in order to have their application considered. Applicants who already have earned a graduate degree do not have to submit GRE scores.
If you took the old GRE the MSHR program seeks applicants with a combined verbal and quantitative score of 900 and an analytical writing score of 3.5. If you took the new revised GRE the MSHR program seeks applicants with at least a score of 150 on the Verbal Reasoning, a score of 141 on the Quantitative Reasoning and an analytical writing score of 3.5.
Application deadlines are April 1 and November 1. Accepted students can begin the program in the Fall, Spring, or Summer terms. Follow the steps below to apply:
Access and complete the online Application Form to the Graduate School.
|Step 2:||Three recommendations are required. Recommendations should come from those who can
objectively comment on the applicant's ability to perform at the graduate level (recommendations
from friends, colleagues or former staff members are not sufficient). Current or former job supervisors and former professors are ideal references. When completing the application in Apply Yourself, please supply the name and email
of your references. An email will be sent to them to fill out a recommendation.
Request all official transcripts be mailed directly to the Graduate School:
|Step 4:||Take the GRE (general test only) at any available GRE testing center. Have scores mailed directly to the Graduate School (see address above).* Applicants who already have earned a graduate degree do not have to submit GRE scores.|
|Step 5:||If you are seeking financial aid visit the WCU Financial Aid page and also review types of aid available. Out of state applicants should review Information for Applicants outside of NC.|