The MSHR program at Western Carolina University is ranked among the 'best online college programs'. You may read the article here.:Read how WCU MSHR students are helping to meet the needs of nonprofit organizations.
Jeremiah has been accepted into a PhD program in Leadership Studies at North Carolina A&T and will begin part-time in Fall 2014. He has also passed the SPHR exam and will be teaching an undergraduate HR class at UNC-Charlotte Fall 2014. Congratulations!
Congratulations Rania Shlien-Dellinger,recipient of the prestigious 2013 WNC HRA Scholarship
Rania started the MSHR program in the fall semester of 2012. Thus far, she has completed 9 of 12 classes, and co-led 3 nonprofit consulting teams in Dr. Germain's courses: 1) Developing strategic recommendations for compensation structure and policy, 2) Developing an employee evaluation system, and 3) Completion of retention research for local non-profits. This last project culminated in the receipt of the 2013 Human Services Research award at the WCU Graduate Research Symposium, Spring semester of 2013. Rania is currently attending school, completing an internship and is seeking employment in Human Resources.
By completing only twelve fully online courses (36 credit hours), you can earn your Master of Science (M.S.) degree in Human Resources (also known as MSHR) from Western Carolina University, which is a Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) accredited and rapidly growing university.
WCU's online master’s degree program in human resources is designed to meet the needs of graduate students like you—busy adult learners who are preparing to work in a variety of human resources-related jobs.
WCU began offering the master’s degree program in human resources during the fall semester of 1984. Since then, many of our graduates have gone on to become outstanding human resource professionals.
Our mission is:
- To provide an exceptional learning experience for our students that enhances their knowledge of and passion for the potential of people in organizations.
- To be one of the premier graduate human resources program worldwide.
- To be the premier graduate human resources program in NC.
Program application deadlines are April 1 and November 1 and admission to the program involves a few simple steps.
The MSHR program at Western Carolina University has been listed as a "best buy" from the distance education information clearinghouse GetEducated.com. It is ranked number 3 out of 40 online human resources programs nationwide. You may see the story located at http://news-prod.wcu.edu/2012/10/online-programs-listed-as-best-buys/
To learn more about the online master’s degree program in human resources, meet our faculty, review the curriculum, contact us with your questions and comments or fill out the graduate prospect form located at https://inq.applyyourself.com/?ID=wcu-grad&pid=1729. We look forward to hearing from you.
Five Reasons to Earn your Master's Degree in Human Resources (HR) from WCU:
1. Earn it completely online without ever coming to campus.
2. Quality online graduate-level instruction with a curriculum recognized by SHRM as being in full alignment with their graduate HR education guidelines. This over 25-year-old program has been offering courses online since 1996.
3. Affordability—it is far less expensive than most of those online schools that you see advertised on TV.
4. The program will prepare you for a variety of human resources-related jobs (i.e., HR manager, trainer, OD consultant).
5. Earn your graduate degree in 2 1/2 years.