Entry to the Program will be selective and not based on open enrollment. It is anticipated that no more than 30 students will be accepted for the Fall semester and no more than 30 students in the Spring semester. Once you have been accepted to the BK Program you must maintain a 2.75 grade point average from solely your WCU courses.
To be admitted to WCU’s Birth-Kindergarten (BK) program, you must have:
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Earned 60 hours toward a two-year Associate Degree
– OR have substantial progress towards the “44 General Core” courses that satisfy the General Education/Liberal Studies requirement for a NC Community College
– OR complete an Associates of Arts (A.A.) or Associates of Science (A.S.) from an accredited community college
– OR complete an Associates of Applied Science (A.A.S.) from an accredited community college
- Alternative Licensure: This program is for those who already have a 4 year, non-education degree and are seeking a NC Standard Professional teaching license and have a minimum GPA of 2.75
Selection criteria will include grade point average, instructor recommendations, and potential for completing the baccalaureate degree.
All students should have access to an appropriate networkable computer. Assignments will include accessing Internet resources, Blackboard, the WCU library.