Make an Appointment
The WaLC is now using GradesFirst to schedule tutoring appointments!
For step-by-step instructions on how to make and/or cancel appointments, click here.
General Appointment Information:
- All course tutoring appointments must be booked 24 hours in advance.
- For writing assistance, drop-by the WaLC or make an appointment online to reserve a spot. Writing tutors are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students are limited to one hour of tutoring at a time.
- If you need to make an appointment with a writing fellow who is assigned to one of your classes, please email your fellow to schedule a session.
- Students must cancel appointments at least 12 hours in advance to avoid missing the appointment. If you miss three appointments in a 30-day period, GradesFirst will not allow you to book more sessions.
For Writing Appointments:
- We recommend one 30-minute appointment for papers 1 to 4 pages in length. For papers that are longer than 5 pages, or for group papers, we recommend a 1-hour appointment (you can book two back-to-back 30-minute sessions).
- Students may also take advantage of writing tutoring offered at the Biltmore Park campus on certain days of the week. Call 227-2274 or log in to GradesFirst and select "Biltmore Park (Study room 347)" as the location.
For Course Tutoring Appointments:
- Bring any assignments, notes, books, or other material you will need to participate in the session.
Log into GradesFirst to book your appointment now!