Visual learners prefer to learn and to communicate information using images (i.e. pictures, written text, diagrams, charts). These learners tend to remember what they see.
Learning Strategies for Visual Learners:
- Pay special attention to charts, diagrams, pictures, or maps when reading textbooks.
- Create your own visual learning tools as you read and take notes; some examples of visual learning tools include concept maps, charts, graphs, outlines, venn diagrams, timelines, and sketches.
- Color code your notes.
- Re-write your notes immediately after class.
- Write-out the steps for solving a math or chemistry problem.
- Make flashcards when learning new terms and draw pictures to illustrate the terms.
- Watch videos or movies that relate to what you are learning.