Aural learners are sometimes referred to as auditory or verbal learners. These individuals prefer to learn and to communicate information using sound. Aural learners tend to remember what they hear.
Learning Strategies for Aural Learners:
- Record lectures and listen to them again after class (ask the professor’s permission first!). Check iTunes University to see which of your professors are Podcasting their lectures. Remember that Podcasts and other audio recordings of lectures should be used to supplement the time you spend in class, not to replace being in class or taking notes!
- Study with a partner or small group so you can talk through concepts that have been covered in class.
- Teach the material to someone else.
- Ask someone to explain the material to you again.
- Talk with a tutor in one of the Academic Success Centers.
- Read aloud or, after reading silently, summarize aloud what you’ve read.