Seven Ingredients for College Success
College success is an intricate recipe involving a number of key ingredients: a pound of class time, a dollop of learning strategies, a heaping spoonful of studying, and a bowlful of time management stirred in to the mix. Although there is no single, secret ingredient that will determine your academic success, the following are a few key ingredients:
- Participate in every class
- Take good notes
- Use effective reading strategies
- Manage your time to allow for regular reviews of course material
- Understand your learning style and use appropriate learning strategies in your study sessions
- Practice effective test preparation and test taking strategies
- Look for ideal study environments to maximize your study time.
If you are interested in learning about additional strategies to apply to your study
routine, sign up for a meeting with an Academic Skills Consultant (ASC). ASCs are successful students who have been trained to help you identify effective
strategies for time management, studying, reading, note taking, and test preparation.
Consultants are available to meet with you individually to discuss your learning style
and to offer effective study strategies.