Registrar’s Frequently Asked Questions

What is My Cat?

My Cat is a Web portal system that is fully integrated with the University’s student records system. It allows you to obtain up-to-the-minute information on course offerings, your academic record, billing statements, financial aid, and personal information. My Cat gives you control over your class schedule by allowing you to add and drop courses in compliance with the University calendar.

What is available through My Cat?  

You have the ability to:

  • Drop and add courses
  • View your schedule
  • View or pay your fees
  • View and update address information
  • View holds
  • View grades
  • View your institutional coursework and degree audit
  • View transfer credit
  • Print Enrollment Certification
  • And more!

When is My Cat available?

My Cat can be accessed 24/7 from any personal computer with an Internet connection. If you are behind a corporate firewall and have trouble accessing the information on the personal services tab, please ask your employees' network administrator to allow network traffic on port 900 with computers in the 152.30... IP range. If you need assistance, please call our ITS Help Desk at 828-227-7487.

How do I access My Cat?

  • Go to the WCU home page:
  • Select “My Cat” from the purple banner at the top of the page.
  • Enter your username (WCU Student ID Number begins with 92—no hyphens).
  • Enter your password (Personal Identification Number PIN).
  • Click on “Personal Services” and then click on the option you need.
  • If you encounter problems accessing My Cat, please contact the IT Services Help desk at 828-227-7487.

What if I do not know my PIN?

Your PIN number is automatically set to your birth month, day, and year (Example: 011265).  If you wish to change your PIN, please do so through My Cat.
If you have forgotten your PIN, you will need to go by either the OneStop (132 Killian Annex) or the ITS Help Desk in Hunter Library. A picture ID is required. There is also an online tool that will reset your PIN.

What is the Alternate PIN Number? (Pertains to Undergraduates Only)

The Alternate PIN Number is required to access the Registration and Schedule option in My Cat. It is required for your initial registration each semester. The Alt PIN is a randomly generated six-digit number that is given to you by your adviser to ensure that you have discussed your course scheduling. Should you be unable to contact your adviser, the department of your major will also have this number.

How do I register?

Please refer to How to Register for details on registering for classes.

How do I view my grades or academic record?

Choose your Level of Study. Levels include undergraduate and all levels (undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral).

To view grades for one term:

  • Select “Final Grades.”
  • Select the term.

To view your entire academic record:

  • “Select “Academic Transcript.”
  • Select the “Transcript Level.”

How do I exit My Cat?

At the top left of the screen, you will find a "Logout" option.  Please click on that option.

If you have any questions concerning Web for Students, please contact the Registrar’s Office at 828-227-7216. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.


Copyright by Western Carolina University      •      Cullowhee, NC 28723      •      828.227.7211      •      Contact WCU
Maintained by the Office of Web Services      •      Directions      •      Campus Map      •      Emergency Information      •      Text-Only

Office of Web Services