Class Roster Discrepancies
Students not attending
If you have students on your class roster who have never attended class, please enter a grade of NS—No Show. They will be contacted by the Registrar’s Office. Students who have stopped attending, but have not officially dropped or withdrawn should be graded.
Students missing from class roster
If you have a student(s) attending but who have not officially registered, please refer them to the Registrar’s Office for resolution.
Important notes about 5th Week/Mid-Term Progress Grading
- Progress grades are required for 100-200 level courses.
- Progress grades are encouraged for 300-400 level courses.
- Grades of “S” – Satisfactory and “U” Unsatisfactory should be used for 100-200 level courses.
- Current Plus/Minus grading system should be used for 300-400 level courses.
- For 100-200 level courses a grade of “U” – Unsatisfactory is operationally defined as performance lower that a “C” or 2.0 in the course at the time of calculation.
- Instructors of LC 101 courses DO NOT need to post Fifth-Week Grades.
- If a student has “withdrawn” from a specific course or the university a progress grade cannot be entered for that course(s).
To access Fifth- Week Progress/Mid-Term Grading
- Load the WCU home page.
- Click My Cat.
- Enter your new WCU ID (begins with 92) and Password (PIN).
- Click on the Banner tab.
My Cat interactivity with Banner will eventually move to the Personal Services tab. This may happen during the Fifth-Week grading period. If the Banner tab does not present itself, click on Personal Services.
- Click on Faculty Services.
- Click on Fifth-Week Grades.
- Select the term and click submit.
- Select the course you want to grade and follow the system prompts.
New with My Cat/Banner