Forms & Resources

Audit A Class (PDF) Students intending to audit a course must declare the audit during the period of registration or drop/add. This form must be completed to audit a course.

Change of Address (PDF) Please use this form to notify the Registrar's Office if your permanent address changes. Permanent Mailing, Local/Off Campus, Military, and Physical Residence addresses may be changed online through MyCat.

Change of Name (PDF) Please use this form to change your legal name - this must be done on paper with verifying documentation.  Read instructions on the form carefully.

Class Absence Due to Required Religious Observance (Word) If you are requesting an absence from a class for a required religious observance.

Commencement: Request to be Excused (PDF) If you are unable or plan not to attend commencement the semester that you graduate, please complete and submit this form to the Registrar's Office prior to commencement.

Credit by Examination (PDF) Faculty are to complete and submit this form to the Registrar's Office after the exam has been completed.

Degree in Special Studies (Word) A Special Studies Program is an interdisciplinary program to take the place of a recognized major program in cases in which a student wishes to earn a degree in a specialized area not covered by recognized majors, or an area that intersects two or more recognized majors and cannot be accommodated by a combination of a recognized major and minor, second major, or approved program.

Directory Information: Request to Prevent Disclosure (PDF) A student may request that Directory Information not be disclosed as provided by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Graduation: Attend Another Institution Final Semester (PDF) General University Degree Requirements require that a student be enrolled at Western the intended graduation semester. Students who wish to pursue an exception to this rule must contact the Registrar's Office. Please submit this form to the Registrar's Office.

Incomplete, Explanation (PDF) Faculty are to complete and submit this form to their department head when an incomplete grade is assigned to a student.

Incomplete, Request for an Extension of a Grade (Word) Faculty are to complete and submit this form to the Registrar's Office when an incomplete grade needs to be extended for longer than one semester.

Overload: Request to Schedule Students (PDF) Students who wish to schedule more than a normal course load for a given semester will need to use this form to obtain required permission(s).

Repeat Form for Undergraduates (PDF) Please see the University's Repeat Policy for Undergraduates for more information. Use this form when you repeat a course.

Residency: Continuing Students (PDF) If you are a continuing student and would like to declare residency in North Carolina.

Transcript Request (PDF) Requests for copies of your academic transcript must be submitted in writing.

Transient Permission (PDF) Use this form to obtain permission to take a course or courses at another university or college to transfer back into your program of study at WCU.

Transfer Credit in the Graduating Semester (Word) Complete form if you are an Undergraduate planning to take transfer credits your final semester and submit to Registrar's Office.

Tuition Surcharge Waiver/Review Use this link to review the Tuition Surcharge policy.

University Group Absence (PDF) This form is to be used when planning university-sponsored events.


Copyright by Western Carolina University      •      Cullowhee, NC 28723      •      828.227.7211      •      Contact WCU
Maintained by the Office of Web Services      •      Directions      •      Campus Map      •      Emergency Information      •      Text-Only

Office of Web Services