How to Access/Request this Service
Place a service request with the IT Help Desk.
We offer three levels of service:
Consulting (+/- hour)
- Evaluating content and information architecture of new or existing website.
- Advising on visual design, user interface, and usability.
- Sharing expertise on web technology, digital media, web 2.0 tools.
Feature Add-Ons (few hours)
- news feeds
- embedding video and audio
- online maps
- E-commerce/marketplace services – to allow people to pay for something with a credit card
- Campus events web calendar feeds
Development Projects (weeks/months) – this level of project requires a written agreement
- website development and revision
- design, development, and project management
- information architecture
- pre-built websites
- community sites
Department/office commits to providing a contact person for the project who will:
- Provide or revise necessary content
- Act with authority to approve design and direction of the site
- Identify departmental staff to maintain and update the website after completion
- See the project to its end in a timely manner
Faculty and staff, as identified by department/office head, for campus units and their official university sites
Monday – Friday, 8-430
Defined by each project and agreement
When project is in progress, we provide a contact person.
For ongoing support of deployed projects, or to initiate a project:
Contact the IT Help Desk
Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Closed weekends and university holidays
Call: 227-7487 or 866-928-7487 (toll free)
Log in: Online Help Desk/IT Self-Service <http://help.wcu.edu/>
Faculty and Staff
username – wcu\WCU account username
password – WCU account password
username – wcu\Catamount account username
password – your PIN or password
Visit the Technology Commons
On the ground floor of Hunter Library
For walk-up technology assistance for faculty, staff and students
We’re open the same hours as Hunter Library
Charge for this Service