Student Employment Office
205 Killian Annex Building
Cullowhee, NC 28723
The Student Employment Office in Career Services is enhancing student job searches, both for on campus and local employment jobs. You may be familiar with our former online form; however, in recent weeks, it has become increasingly difficult to maintain the coding and integrity of the form. As a result, the Student Employment Office has transitioned all jobs to Career Services' JobCat, an interactive jobs search board.
Effective immediately, all employers must use the new Post a Job form (Fill-In PDF) when posting vacant positions. All forms must be saved and emailed to Carrie Hachadurian, email@example.com.
Please note you may need to upgrade your free Adobe Reader to open the PDF form. For questions, call 828-227-3888.
To check jobs posted:
If you would like to double-check your job posting as students will see it:
- Visit JobCat
- In the username box, type WCUTest
- In the password box, type test
- This will bring you to the student employment homepage. Scroll down to One-Click searches and choose either Non Work Study Employment or Local Jobs to view all current job postings.
NOTE: Job postings may not immediately appear. Please allow JobCat a few minutes to process jobs before checking.
Benefits to using JobCat
- Each job may be saved in JobCat so that employers need to submit the form once for the job ad, unless there are changes that need to be made. For re-postings, employers may email Carrie Hachadurian, firstname.lastname@example.org, to request reactivation.
- The application deadline function allows job postings to be automatically deactivated at the pre-selected date.
- The layout of the job ad is much more user-friendly and easier to read.
- There are one-click searches for Non Work Study, local part-time jobs, and post-graduate full-time employment.
- Employers may specify how students should apply for the job. For example, employers who have an online application may include the link so that when students click on the Apply Now button in JobCat, they will be automatically transferred to their specified application page. Or, for employers who prefer to have students call or email, that information can easily displayed when students click on the Apply Now button.