Student Employment Office
205 Killian Annex Building
Cullowhee, NC 28723
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Supervisors and Students: The late timesheet policy is now in effect. All summer employees and supervisors should have received an email notification or handout about the policy. Read more.
- Communicate effectively and responsibly
- Practice civic engagement
- Integrate and apply information from a variety of contexts
- Solve complex problems
- Clarify and act on their own purpose and values
Student employment is a valuable part of the educational experience for our students, and we welcome the opportunity to support and advance your professional and personal development.
1. Be persistent:Check the job listings website early and often, as new jobs are posted as they come
in. The first month of each semester (August and January) is when most opportunities
become available. Contact the employer listed for the job to ask about an interview.
Top Tips for the On-Campus Job Seeker
2. Be courteous: When you call or visit an employer to inquire about a job... [read more]
Affordable Care Act
Student employees: Please review the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Marketplace Notice regarding general information about the Marketplace, how it works, and the criteria to qualify for a government subsidy to help pay for health coverage through a Marketplace.
To ask questions or to shop for coverage on the Marketplace, visit healthcare.gov.
Supervisors: Did you miss this year's supervisor training? Be sure to check out what's new with Non Work Study student employment. If you have questions, please call Carrie Hachadurian, Student Employment Specialist, at x3888.