Bachelor of Science Degree In
Within the College of Business
What are the concentrations in Sport Management at Western?
- Athletic Administration
- Event and Facility Management and Marketing
- Exercise Science and Fitness Management
- Professional Sport Management
- Sports Information
Who employs Sport Management Majors?
- Health clubs and corporate health centers
- Sport facilities
- Exercise equipment manufacturers
- Sports medicine centers and hospitals
- Event management groups
- Professional and amateur sport groups
- Television, radio, and newspapers
- College and universities
- Camps, resorts, and private clubs
- Park and recreation departments
Good skills or traits for Sport Management Majors:
- Enjoy physical conditioning and sports.
- Be interested in activities that promote good health.
- Develop good communication skills.
- Be a good motivator.
Special training, degrees or experience I may need:
- Western students must have a 2.5 to be admitted to the program and to graduate in this major.
- An internship is required to graduate. You must have a 2.5 GPA to intern.
- Work on campus at the Fitness Center, Intramurals Office, with the Athletic Department, Catamount Club (fund raise), the student newspaper or radio station.
- Become a member of national or local associations in area of interest.
Websites to visit: