Careers in Psychology
Bachelor of Science Degree in:
What jobs are available?
Counseling, Mental health services, Advocacy, Program development, Research, Human resources, Market research/advertising, Teaching.
Who employs Psychology Majors?
- Federal, state, and local governments
- Non-profit and social service organizations
- Human resource departments
- Hospitals and health care facilities
- Market research/Ad agencies
- Schools, colleges, & universities
Good skills or traits for Psychology Majors:
- Interest in working with people.
- Be a good listener and develop good observational skills.
- Be sensitive and understanding as well as patient and tactful.
- Able to communicate well both orally and in writing.
Special training, degrees or experience I may need:
- Obtain practical experience with an internship, co-op, or volunteer work.
- A Master's degree is needed for administration, counseling and college level positions.
- Obtain a teaching certificate for public school jobs.
- National and/or state licensure is required for practicing in most areas.
Websites to visit: