Careers in Nutrition and Dietetics
Bachelor of Science Degree in
Nutrition and Dietetics
What jobs are available?
Nutritionist, Research dietitian, Wellness director, Extension agent, consumer/trade representative, Food service administrator, Clinical dietitian, Sales for food manufacturer.
Who employs Nutrition and Dietics majors?
- Hospitals and health centers
- Colleges and universities
- Schools and day care centers
- Nursing homes and clinics
- Government agencies
- Human service organizations
- Exercise and fitness centers
- Restaurants and food services
- Pharmaceutical and food products firms
- Home health agencies
- Private practices
Good skills or traits for Nutrition and Dietetics majors:
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Interest in good health and nutrition.
- Ability to work independently.
- Desire to teach or help people.
- Ability to work well with others.
Special training, degrees or experience I may need:
- Do an internship or co-op.
- Some states require certification or licensure, contact the American Dietetic Association (ADA) or the National Nutritional Foods Association.
- Additional education may be required for advancement.
Websites to visit: