What jobs are available?
Teacher, School counselor, Administrator, Community center director, Group home supervisor,
Adult educator, Museum guide, Sales of education-related materials.
Who employs an individual with a Middle Grades Education majors?
- Public and private schools
- Community service agencies
- Colleges and universities
- Publishers and software companies
- Hospitals, nursing homes, and prisons
- Museums and libraries
- Pleasant, positive, persuasive, and friendly attitude.
- Enjoy working with children in pre-and early teens or adult learners.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Obtain a teaching certificate/license for desired subject area/grade level.
- Learn computer skills, special software and desktop publishing.
- For administration or counselor jobs, obtain licensure at Master's level.
- A PhD. is needed for university teaching and research work.