Careers in Marketing
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Degree with a concentration in
What jobs are available?
Consumer behavior, Marketing E-commerce, Retailing, Marketing research, International marketing, Advanced marketing problems, Services marketing, Integrated marketing communications.
Who employs an individual with a Marketing major?
- Large, medium & small businesses
- Department stores/retail establishments
- Travel, tourism & hospitality businesses
- All service industries: banks, financial institutions, health care organizations
- Non-profit organizations
Good skills or traits for a Marketing major:
- Maturity, flexibility and creativity.
- Decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and public speaking skills.
- Technological and statistical analysis skills.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
Special training, degrees or experience I may need:
- Do an internship or co-op with a business to gain experience in the field.
- Develop leadership skills through membership in on-campus clubs.
Websites to visit:
- WCU Marketing Department
- Or Contact Jim DeConinck (828-227-3704)