Careers in History
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree in
What jobs are available?
Teaching, Business, Government work, Politics, Law, History-related organizations, Librarian, Researcher, Writer.
Who employs History majors?
- Federal, state, local governments
- Non-profit organizations
- Political campaigns
- Public and private schools
- Research and service institutions
- Major corporations
- Law firms
- Colleges, universities, libraries
- Public advocacy groups
- National & state parks
- International business firms
- Historic, cultural, genealogical groups
Good skills or traits for History majors:
- Develop intellectual curiosity and creativity.
- Ability to think logically and methodically.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data.
- Objectivity, open-mindedness and systematic work habits.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Special training, degrees or experience I may need:
- Do a co-op, internship, summer job or volunteer work for experience.
- Consider a concentration or minor in another field to increase marketability.
- Plan on advanced degrees for the fields of: law, library, research or teaching.
- Be active in campus organizations to gain experience and leadership skills.
Websites to visit: