Careers in Finance
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Degree with a concentration in
What jobs are available?
Treasurer, Controller, Credit manager, Sales, Cash manager, Trust administer, Corporate financial planning and management, Real estate, Corporate financial management, Banking, Risk management and insurance, Security analysis, Personal financial planner, Stockbroker.
Who employs Finance majors?
- Banks, credit unions, and other financial planning institutions
- Stock brokerage and security firms
- Insurance companies
- Financial planning firms
- Real estate brokers or agencies
- Government agencies
- Educational institutions
Good skills or traits for Finance majors:
- Develop good writing and oral communication skills.
- Learn math and computer skills.
- Ability to analyze detailed information.
- Gain the ability to develop personal relationships and work in a team.
- Develop leadership skills and have good tact and judgment.
Special training, degrees or experience I may need:
- Do a co-op program or internship in your field.
- Plan on a graduate degree/earning certifications such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) for promotion or advancement in your field.
- Be active in on-campus organizations or fundraisers to gain added experience.
Websites to visit: