Careers in Engineering Technology
Bachelor of Science Degree in
What jobs are available?
Production manager, Consultant, Quality control supervisor, Industrial designer, Cost estimator, Time study analyst, Safety engineer, Personnel manager, Facilities manager, Technical education instructor.
Who employs Engineering Technology majors?
- Manufacturing industries
- Engineering firms
- Construction industries
- Industrial design/consulting firms
- Public utility companies
- Government agencies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Insurance companies (safety)
- Community colleges & universities
- Hospitals (technical support)
Good skills or traits for Engineering Technology majors:
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to analyze, compare and interpret detailed information.
- Problem solving skills and ability to make accurate judgments are important.
- Assertiveness and self-confidence are desirable.
Special training, degrees or experience I may need:
- Do an internship or co-op to gain practical experience.
- Attend trade shows for updates on new technology.
- Acquire good math and computer skills - especially knowledge of CAD programs.
- Additional certifications (like Safety Certification) may be required for some jobs.
- A teaching or alternative certification may be required to teach at the secondary level.
- Join professional organizations on campus and after graduation.
Websites to visit: