Careers in Elementary Education
Bachelor of Science in Education Degree in
What jobs are available?
Teaching, Principal/Superintendent, Training and development (business), Tutoring, Library/school media director, Educational programming for museums, Private organizations.
Who employs Elementary Education majors?
- Public and private schools
- Test preparation companies
- Day care centers / nursery schools
- Publishers & education-related companies
- Social service agencies
- Non-profit organizations
- Universities and colleges
- Large businesses & training programs, human resources
Good skills or traits for Elementary Education majors:
- Enjoy working with children.
- Sensitivity to the differences and needs of others.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Develop excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Pleasant, positive, and friendly personality.
- Ability to work on a team of educators.
Special training, degrees or experience I may need:
- Volunteer as a tutor for elementary school children.
- Work at summer camps.
- Specialize in a subject area and take computer classes.
- Student teach to obtain state certification for public teaching.
- A Master's degree or Ph.D. is required to teach at the college level.
Websites to visit: