Careers in Electrical & Computer Engineering Technology
Bachelor of Science Degree in
Electrical & Computer Engineering Technology
What jobs are available?
Research and development, Technical sales, Product development, Design, Automated manufacturing, Plant engineering, Testing, Design/install/maintain computer hardware, Design/install communications systems, Maintenance/service of systems.
Who employs students with this major?
- All manufacturing firms
- Telecommunications companies
- Automotive industry
- Electronics components and systems distributors and manufacturers
- Colleges and universities
- Hospitals and medical equipment support companies
Good skills or traits for students with this major:
- Ability to think logically and analyze/solve problems.
- Excellent problem-solving and laboratory skills.
- Strong curiosity and interest in science and computers.
Special training, degrees or experience I may need:
- Do an internship, co-op, or summer job to gain experience.
- Take extra science, math and computer classes.
- Join student professional organizations like SME and IEEE.
Websites to visit: