Our offices offer a variety of methods to help employers to hire both our graduating students and alumni. We also invite companies with co-ops, internships or seasonal positions to recruit our students. Among your choices are:
Sign-up to attend one of our scheduled Career/Interview Days or Job Fairs (Employers' Event Calendar).
Companies can also schedule individual interview days or informational events throughout the school year. Please allow us at least 1 month notice to publicize your visit so you can maximize your time on campus. There are 2 interview options for you to consider:
1. We can post your scheduled times and major preferences/other qualifications and interview anyone who signs up (only students who meet your qualifications will be able to sign up).
2. We can announce you are seeking candidates with certain majors/qualifications and accept resumes from qualified students who are interested. You can then preview these resumes and decide whom to interview on campus.
Informational events can be done by RSVP or be open to anyone.
Online Job Postings and Resume Referrals
For those of you who can't make it to campus, we have an online database of our student and alumni resumes called JobCat. There are several ways you can use this program to your advantage.
- You can create an account for your company in JobCat. Call us to find out how. With this account you can post current job openings at your company. You can also view student resumes in the Resume Books. If you had an account in Campus Professional and are having a problem accessing it in JobCat, please call our office.
- If you have a JobCat account already you can post jobs to the system, or we can post any jobs that are called in, faxed or emailed in a word document to us.
- We can do a search for student resumes that match criteria you have phoned, faxed or emailed to us. Matching resumes will be referred to you via fax or email. You can then either directly contact students/alumni or set up an on-campus visit. You can also search for resumes yourself through your JobCat account.
Please visit Western's homepage to learn more about various programs and departments. Check the academic calendar to avoid breaks and the week before and during finals for each semester if you are planning an on-campus visit or contacting students.
Our office will provide parking permits when needed for scheduled visitors.