Below are links to important career-related topics originally written for the Career Journal. For information regarding career guidance and student events, please see our Information for Students and Alumni page.
- Asheville Job Seekers, Know your Target, Says HR Experts
- What Does It Mean To Be “Business Ready”?
- Top 4 Tips for Recent Graduates Looking for a Job in 2009
- How to Job Search in an Uncertain Economy
- Recession Readying Your Job Search
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Job Hunting
Effective Points to Surviving Your First 30 Days on the Job
- Building a Professional Image Through Social Media
- Generating Positive Content in Social Media
- Maintaining Professional Boundaries in Social Media
- LinkedIn: What Do I Do Now?
Thank You Notes: Email or Handwritten
- Pathway to Intentional Learning, Career Development Guidance in eBriefcase
- The Future is Now: How Your First Year in College May Shape Your Life
- Following a Career Path at WCU
- Tips for Turning a Liberal Arts Degree Into a Career in Business
- Are You Considering Graduate School?
- Do You Know Where You Are Going? Great Reasons to Attend a Career Event
- QEP, Service-Learning, and Co-ops
- Diamond in the Making: A Quality Enhancement Plan Designed to Shine
Career Success at Western
Networking and Interviewing
- How to Successfully Navigate a Career Fair
- Top Reasons to Link into Linkedin
- Appropriate Attire for the Jobseeker & Professional
- Networking for Success
- The Benefits of Networking
- Quick Tips to Interviewing Techniques
Etiquette at a Glance
Resumes, Curriculum Vitae, and Cover Letters
- Nurturing the “growth” of your resume: Developing Skills Through Student Involvement
- Resume, or Curriculum Vitae?
- On Resume Writing
- Transferability: Cross-training for your career
- Transferable Skills Important in New Economy
- Improved resume means better odds of being hired
- Securing a Job with Amazon: The Importance of an Internship
- Briton Bennett Named 2012 “Co-op/Intern Student of the Year”
- To Intern or Not to Intern, That is the Question!
- Seize Your Internship Opportunities
- Perspective & Advice: How internships and mentorships can help students set sail
- Job Shadowing: An Opportunity and Strategy for Success
- Much Learning Does Not Teach Understanding: Classroom Knowledge Isn’t Enough
- How Service Learning Fosters Synthesis and Prepares Students for Careers
- Internships and Co-ops: Experiential learning through Career Services
Co-op of a Lifetime