March 21, 2015 Schedule
8:00 – 9:30 REGISTRATION | Ramsey Center
The doors for the Ramsey Center will open for registration at 8:00 a.m. Be sure to register online before the event if possible, but walk-ins are always welcome!
8:15 – 10:00 INFORMATION FAIR | Ramsey Center
This is an opportunity to explore programs that interest you. Speak with faculty and staff about academic programs. The Information Fair is located around the Ramsey Center concourse.
10:00 – 10:30 WELCOME SESSION
Sam Miller, PhD, Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs
Phil Cauley, Director of Student Recruitment and Retention
10:45 – 11:45 ACADEMIC SESSIONS
Please review the list of departmental sessions that will provide a more in-depth look at programs offered at WCU! Please sit in the section listed for the department of your choice during the welcome session. An enTOURage tour guide will escort you to the department session.
1:00 – 3:00 INFORMATION FAIR | University Center
This is an opportunity to explore student organizations that interest you and student services that are available. The Information Fair is located in the University Center Grandroom
12:00 – 5:00 OPTIONS ABOUND
- Take a tour of campus!
- Explore one of three residence hall options available to view.
- Participate in one of the many Information Sessions taking place such as:
- How to Pay for College - Provided by Financial Aid and scholarships.
- I have to take what?! - Provided by the Advising Center
- Catamount GAP: A Place for You to Thrive - Provided by First Year Experience
- Majors, Internships, & Jobs: 3 Key points on your Pathway to Success - Provided by Career Services
- Preparing for & Changing YOUR World: Community Engagement - Provided by Service Learning
- Your Climb to WCU - Learn about the different Admissions paths offered.
- Academic Success Program - Provided by the Academic Success Program
Departmental Sessions that will be available:Accounting
Anthropology & Sociology
Business Administration & Law
Chemistry & Physics
Communication Sciences & Disorders
Computer Information Systems
Criminology & Criminal Justice
Emergency Medical Care
Engineering & Technology
Environmental Health Sciences
Film & Television Production
Hospitality & Tourism Management
Mathematics & Computer Science
Modern Foreign Language
Natural Resources & Conservation Management
Nutrition & Dietetics
Parks & Recreation Management
Philosophy & Religion
Political Science & Public Affairs
Stage & Screen
Teaching & Learning