Western Carolina University’s SACS Portal is the official location of the results of our internal review and resulting compliance audit, and it presents the findings of our status related to the SACS Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement.
Recommended Browsers and Software
We recommend that you use Internet Explorer 6+ or Firefox while using the portal.
Also, supporting documents on the Portal have been formatted using Adobe Acrobat. Therefore, reviewers will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Log into the portal by following this link: http://bannerportal.wcu.edu/sites/SACS
You will be prompted to provide a username and password. Usernames and passwords have been provided under separate cover for SACS Reviewers.
Navigating the Portal
Once you are inside the Portal, the top horizontal menu is the primary navigation. It includes links to:
- Home: Located in the upper left corner of the screen, this link will take you back to the SACS Review homepage on the Portal.
- Compliance Certification: Here you will find links to the Core Requirements, Comprehensive Standards, and Federal Requirements.
- Supporting References: Contains an alphabetical listing of all supporting references and documents for the Compliance Certification.
- Quality Enhancement Plan: Contains links to documents related to the QEP.
On the homepage you will also find a vertical menu on the left called the Quick Launch. Here you will find links to the following information:
- About WCU (contains Fact Books, Catalogs, Organizational Chart, Tour of Physical Facilities, Assessment Manual, Mission Statement and Strategic Plan)
- Faculty Credentials (will open in a new window; houses roster of all WCU faculty, courses, colleges and departments)
- Vitae (houses administrators and academic program coordinators)
You may also search the contents of the portal by using the search box in the upper right corner on the homepage.
- We have tried to link to specific pages in supporting documents whenever possible; however, in accessing some multipage documents that you opened earlier, you may be directed to the last page you accessed. In those cases, please scroll to the page indicated on the footnote of the report.
- Internet access is necessary even if you use the electronic version of the report since you will be directed to external Web pages for many supplemental documents.
Navigating the Faculty Credentials Site
The Faculty Credentials link will open a site in a new window. This site will allow you to browse faculty credentials data by Course, Department, College, or Faculty Name.
Steps to access faculty credentials:
- First, select a semester – select Spring 2006 or Fall 2005
- Next, choose to browse by College, Course, Department, or Name.
If browsing by Course or Name, you will be taken to alphabetical listings of all courses or all names. If browsing by College or Department, you will be taken to a page where you will choose the college or department. Once you have selected, you will be taken to an alphabetical listing of faculty names sorted by college or department.
On these listings pages, you will see “view credentials” links. Following these links will take you to the individual faculty pages, which describe their credentials. If supporting documentation is required for a faculty member, you will see a link in the “Supporting Doc” column to that documentation.
For technical assistance, contact Jed Tate, 828-227-2431
Director of the SACS Review - Carol Burton, 828-227-7497; 828-227-3019 (voice)