Western Carolina University
Provost Fellow for Faculty Relations (updated 11/19/14)
The Office of the Provost invites applications for Provost Fellow for Faculty Relations for the 2014/15 academic year. Interested and qualified faculty who wish to pursue a leadership opportunity as part of the Provost's team are invited to submit applications electronically to Brandon Schwab, Associate Provost for Academic Affairs, (email@example.com; 227-3786) by close of business on Wednesday, December 10, 2014.
Scope of responsibilities, qualifications, application, and compensation follow.
- Provide a safe, neutral, and to the extent possible confidential space for faculty to bring forward employment concerns
- Educate faculty member(s) about applicable policies and/or refer the faculty member to resources on campus
- Report to the Associate Provost or appropriate campus authority matters pertaining to violations of law or university policy, or campus safety issues (including bullying, intimidation and other threatening behaviors)
- Initial appointment will be for 1-2 years (negotiable) with annual assessment, with possibility of renewal
- Tenured WCU faculty status/candidacy for tenure during the 2014-15 academic year
- Training/experience in mediation, conflict resolution, counseling, and/or human resource management desirable
- Opportunities for training in faculty relations will be made available
- Vita (that reflects relevant experience/training)
- Statement of interest that includes applicant's preliminary plan to address responsibilities (max. 3 pages)
- Endorsement by applicant's department head and dean
- Stipend equivalent of a course release for spring semester with course release in subsequent semesters
- Allocated Funds to support travel related to academic community engagement professional development