Western Carolina University creates learning opportunities that incorporate teaching, research, service, and engagement through on campus, off campus, on-line and international experiences. The university focuses its undergraduate, master’s and three doctoral programs, educational outreach, research, creative, and cultural activities to sustain and improve individual lives and enhance economic and community development in Western Carolina and beyond.
Our Core Values and Guiding Principles:
- Excellence, Scholarship, Teaching and Learning
- Collaboration with and Respect for our Communities
- Free and Open Interchange of Ideas
- Responsible Stewardship and Organizational Effectiveness
- Organizational and Environmental Sustainability
- Cultural Diversity and Equal Opportunity
To be a national model for student learning and engagement that embraces its responsibilities as a regionally engaged university.