A network of 200 machines that are all-in-one high-speed printers, copiers, fax machines and scanners have been installed throughout the Cullowhee campus as part of a cost-effective service called PAW Printer Services. Each PAW Print multifunction printer is linked to a network print server, enabling faculty, staff and students to print, copy or scan at any one, or all, of the new devices on campus.
- $.05 per page for black and white (CatCash or coin)
- $.25 per page for color (CatCash or coin)
Methods of Payment
- Payment will be automatically deducted from a student's CatCash or billed to an employee's department.
- Employees also can select to have the expense for personal printing deducted from their CatCash.
- Visitors will be able to use the devices in Hunter Library and pay with coins.
Students can use the Paw Print system to print documents in Hunter Library and in 3 designated student computer labs, where printing can be paid for with CatCash. This assumes funds have been deposited to the CatCard debit account as described below. Coin printing is available in Hunter Library.
The CatCash debit account available on the CatCard allows purchases at soft drink vending, snack vending, laundry machines, the University Bookstore, the University Center, University Health Services, IT Services and any on-campus food service location. The CatCard may also be used in printers and copiers located in Hunter Library and across campus. Funds can be added to your CatCash account at any time and there is no minimum deposit required. Funds can be deposited at the One-Stop Student Services Center counter located on the 1st floor of Killian Annex. You can also add funds to your CatCash account at one of the Add-Value machines located on the main floor and in the student computer lab in Hunter Library, the University Center lobby and at the Courtyard Dining Hall Lobby. Funds can also be added online by use of a credit or debit card at Add CatCash On-Line. On-line deposits to a CatCash account should be applied within one hour.
Funds included with your Meal Plan are separate from the CatCash account and can only
be spent in Dining Services locations. For example, money placed into a meal plan
account cannot be used to pay for laundry or for Bookstore purchases. Additional details
are available at http://www.wcu.edu/11410.asp.
Faculty and Staff:
PAW Print offers you two printing methods:
1. Select a PAW Print device’s direct print queue and send your job for an immediate printout to the closest device to your desk.
2. Send your print job to a secure print queue and then swipe your CatCard at any PAW Print machine on campus to access the network print server, pull up a list of your secure print jobs, and then select which job you wish to print and the number of copies. The job will be completed at speeds from 35 to 60 pages per minute, depending on the type of device.
In addition, PAW Print enables you to swipe your CatCard to make copies, or to scan pages to e-mail as PDF files.
Offices can have departmental copy cards made for use by people who are not faculty/staff members. These cards are intended for use by guests, contractors, etc. and not used for routine copying. As a reminder, faculty/staff will select the budget code that the printing is to be charged against, so a departmental copy card is not needed to track copy volume by budget code. Contact the CatCard Office for information about the departmental copy cards.
PAW Print & Student Workers in Your Office