- PPI Mission and History
- Meet The Staff
- Case Salience Index
- WNC Food Policy Council
- Affiliated Faculty
- Local Government Survey (LoGoS)
- Current Projects at the PPI
- Past PPI Projects
- WCU Chapter of Pi Gamma Mu International Honor Society
- PPI Publications
- PPI Picture Gallery
- Consulting by the PPI
- Contact the PPI
- Western North Carolina Regional Outlook Report
The WCU Public Policy Institute aims to empower the Western North Carolina region to effectively manage real policy problems by mobilizing students, community leaders, faculty, and citizens to discuss and develop viable policy options to create more effective policies.
- To help students to become active participants in their communities.
- To improve public policy in the region by conducting rigorous research on major issues and making it available and understandable to a practitioner audience.
- To exercise policy leadership in the region.
- To obtain resources to carry out the mission of the institute, and to attract dedicated students, faculty, and staff to assist in carrying out the mission.
Our current PPI projects include:
-Constitution Day activities and political debates for local races;
- the 2014 LoGoS (Local Government Survey), an annual survey of all municipal and county governments in North Carolina on an issue of relevance in the field;
- the WNC Food Policy Council, a network of more than 200 food producers and food security agencies in the seven western counties of North Carolina;
- the 2014 North Carolina Nonprofits Survey, an annual survey of nonprofits in the state on an issue of relevance in the field; and
- preparation for the educational events and seminars which we host on campus in the fall and spring semesters.
The PPI In the News