The University Police Department is a service-oriented law enforcement agency responsible for providing a full range of law enforcement and security services to the campus of Western Carolina University. We are also responsible for administering the campus parking and traffic programs. Our goals are:
- To provide an environment where the effects of crime, disruption, and disorder are minimized allowing the academic climate of the University to flourish…an environment where members of our community and visitors feel safe;
- To protect and promote respect for the Constitutional and statutory rights of all individuals;
- To provide assistance and support to those who are victimized by criminal activity;
- To teach members of our community to protect themselves from crime and criminal activity;
- To teach members of our community about their responsibility for living within societal standards for behavior related to their Constitutional freedoms; and,
- To promote civility in personal interactions in our community.
Please Remember! Campus police officers enforce all state laws pertaining to alcohol consumption, traffic ordinances, and criminal violations.