Programming & Outreach:
- Facilitate student and community engagement in sustainability initiatives
- Advertise and promote sustainability initiatives on campus
- Integrate sustainability initiatives across all university divisions
- Initiate dialogue and reflection on sustainability issues
Education & Academic Integration:
- The mission of the Education and Academic Integration Committee is to increase awareness of sustainability as a topic in the classroom and show how it fits with the WCU 2020 institutional strategic planning (Realizing the Vision, Planning for our Preferred Future), QEP, and E-Briefcase.
- Have a sustainability representative meet with faculty via department meetings (similar to what Hunter Library, Career Services, Honors College representatives do)
- Obtain information from faculty regarding WCU courses that contain sustainability content to be able to pursue # 3 and # 4.
- Green icon next to WCU courses that contain significant content – course contents includes either a paper or project on sustainability for students to complete.
- Create an interdisciplinary sustainability major.
Planned & Natural Environment:
- The Planned and Natural Environment sub-committee encourages and advocates for more sustainable planning and purchasing for campus facilities. We also seek to educate